Thursday Duck Dodge Series – 2017
These casual 1-2 hour races start at 5:30 PM and are followed by a potluck for participants, friends, and club members. Two classes race: Racing and Cruising. The Racing Class will start at 5:30 PM, and the Cruising Class will start five minutes later.
The 2017 schedule for the Duck Dodge Series is:
- Stout Series 7 races with 2 throw outs
- April 13, 20, 27, May 4, 11, 18, 25
- Pale Ale Series 7 races with 2 throw outs
- June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13
- Pilsner Series 9 races with 2 throw outs
- July 20, 27, August 3, 10, 17, 24, 31, September 7, 14
Saturday Races – 2017
The Sequim Bay Sail Fleet races year round on Saturdays.
Boats with PHRF ratings typically race every other Saturday with adjustments to accommodate major holiday weekends.
The Small Boat Series was formed mid-2014 and the Flying Scot was named by the SBYC Board of Directors as the Official Boat of the Club. Read more on the Flying Scot here.
The Small Boat Fleet (Flying Scot and other sailing dinghies) also races on Saturdays but only during the spring and summer series. This year they will again host a Regional Flying Scot & Thistle Regatta on Sequim Bay on August 26.
The Small Boat/PHRF sailing schedule for 2017 is:
- January 14, 28 (informal series)
- February 11, 25 (informal series)
- March 11, 25 (informal series)
- April 8 (informal series), April 29 (spring series)
- May 13, 27 (spring series)
- June 3, 17 (spring series)
- July 1, 29 (summer series)
- August 13 (Sunday) and August 19 (Saturday) (summer series)
- September 16 (Reach For Hospice Regatta)
- September 23 (summer series)
- October 7, 21 (informal series)
- November 4, 18 (informal series)
- December 2, 16 (informal series)
To register or see the Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions, visit The Regatta Network
We are always looking for committee boats and the Race Committee will assist anyone who volunteers. If you have a power or sail boat available for any races and would like help, please use the form below to volunteer.
Thanks for all your support!